When it’s time for me to do a Rubbermoon post, that’s when my creativity is really challenged. What can I create that’s unique from the scrap materials I happen to have around me? What fun activity can I come up with?
This month I wanted to use a card my mom sent me as inspiration to make something. My mom used my Rubbermoon stamp, “Sending Love,” on a special card she made for me. It was a wonderful surprise in the mail! I wanted to try doing something similar, but ended up going in a very different direction once I realized I didn’t have ANY of the same materials my mom used for her project. I didn’t have a blank card, I didn’t have embossing tools, I didn’t have special shape cutters, etc.
That’s when I became desperate and asked myself, “Okay – what DO I have?” I have a LOT of unused stationery and birthday cards. Yep. A LOT of them. I became interested in using some of my old fashioned styled cards/stationery for this project, and had fun gathering cards and things that worked together as a theme.
What began originally as a goal to create a card made from scraps of my unused cards became more of a fun scrap-booky thing. Okay, that’s my official name for it.
- Stationery/birthday card/scrapbooking scraps
- hand held hole puncher
- Ribbon/decorative yarn to tie at holes
- Rubbermoon Art stamp, “Sending Love“
- scissors and/or small paper cutter
HOW TO DIRECTIONS:
1. Collect similar-themed cards/stationery/scrapbook materials.
2. Start chopping them up, and work on covering printed areas with scraps so you can keep the card/book blank to use only for your own sentiments/thoughts/writings.
3. Put pages together as wanted, and use hand held hole puncher to punch two holes (top and bottom) to use for inserting decorative yarn/ribbons.
4. Tie decorative yarn/ribbons through holes – not too tightly, so pages can be opened.
5. Add embellishments as wanted. I added a pocket on the front as special housing for the “Sending Love” note.
6. Use Rubbermoon “Sending Love” stamp as embellishment on removable pocket card.
7. Now you have a fun giftie to use as a keepsake journal or to send in the mail to someone with special sentiments. Since I used birthday cards as a base, the whole thing fits neatly inside a card envelope! Handy!
This is a fun project to try when you just want to play around with scrap materials – to see what original creation you can come up with!